Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Grandmothers

I adored my grandmother and she adored me. I was lucky to have her in my life until I was... well let's just say... all grown up. She passed away at the age of 94, one month before Kimani was born. My grandmother was always an important part of my life, a trusted confidant, a brilliant advisor, a skilled teacher, and a constant love.

grandma

I have learned that both Mallory and Peach have grandmothers who visit and love them. A great sense of joy came over me to know that these children are not forgotten by that special family matriarch. Mallory’s grandmother has indicated that she would like to receive news and pictures of Mallory as she grows up. I hope that Peach’s nana will want this as well.

For now, I am making each of them a scrapbook, a window into the life their cherished grand-daughters are coming to. It will include details about our state and city, the girls' new names and address, our family and our home, as well as the pictures of their girls that I already have. I hope these books bring peace and happiness... a tiny token of my thanks to them for their continued love in the face of what must have been nothing short of tragedy for their families.

7 comments:

Linnea said...

I think it is always wonderful to learn that our adopted children have people who love them and want to know about them. Hopefully that helps your children as they get older. How exciting.

Be blessed!

Far Above Rubies said...

You are amazing. I adore you!!!!

Kelly said...

You are a kind soul, Sandra! That is so wonderful!

Rochelle said...

That is so awesome, very cool connection. Love your scrapbook you are making for them, such a great idea.

RissaRoo said...

Wow, it's wonderful that the girls have someone there that loves them and visits them. I am glad that the grandmothers will be able to hear from you and will get to see the new life that's waiting for the girls, and I'm glad that the girls will get to hear about how their grandmothers loved them, too. That's a wonderful connection!

Rachel said...

How wonderful that they were not forgotten like so many and what a wonderful gift you will give those ladies.

Amy Flege said...

so wonderful!!!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. It is encouraging, and makes me want to post more often ;-)

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP