Tuesday, August 3, 2010

If Only...

Toward the beginning of this blog, I told you that we were actually going to adopt a baby from a different country in Eastern Europe. Her name was Arina. She disappeared from the database and from our grasp. I still have this picture of her framed and resting on my dresser to remind me of the first orphan baby who won my heart.

4gq9

While we were working on getting her, another little girl in her same orphanage caught our eye, and we had hoped to be able to take her too. She is a beauty, and she is nearing her date to be sent to the institution for the rest of her life. Next Spring, when our precious Mallory is celebrating her 4th birthday with cake, and presents, and lots of people to shower her with love, Anastasiya will be heading off to a place worse than where we imprison our most heinous criminals.

Anastasiya as a baby...
nov13r8o2007girl

Anastasiya is waiting for a mommy...
13r8o-update

Is Anastasiya waiting for you?
13r8o-update2

Her pretty little face haunts me. If only, I think with sorrow... if only we could have saved her too.

If you have room in your home, and in your heart, please consider adopting Anastasiya.

3 comments:

Monica Crumley said...

It's so hard to see this little ones and think that they are alone in this world without parents. I can see why the Arina caught your heart, too. I pray for these little ones...

Melissa said...

Everytime I look at RR it just breaks my heart. I wish I could bring them all home with me. Maybe someday, but hubby isn't on board right now...

Lisa S. said...

I feel that way about my Heidy that was left in Guatemala. Arina was actually one of Gabby's picks. I think about Vika often. If only we could save them all. Let's just be thier cheerleaders and cheer them on! Prayers and cheers and words of hope for them. I love you Sandra!!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. It is encouraging, and makes me want to post more often ;-)

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP